Exploration experiences must take place between May and August 2014.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a current University of Texas at Austin student enrolled in the School of Undergraduate Studies in spring 2014
- Have completed no more than four long semesters at The University of Texas at Austin prior to applying for funding
- Propose Exploration experiences that take place between May and August 2014
Please submit the following materials to the University Honors Center by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 28, 2014.
- Summer 2014 UGS Exploration Grant Application Form
- Current resume
- One-page personal statement describing the specific goals of the summer experience or project and specifying how the student’s academic and/or career path may become clearer as a result
- Current academic transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- One-page detailed budget not to exceed $2,000. Budget items should clearly relate to the experience and may include program costs, tuition, travel, living expenses, etc.
- Letter of recommendation from a professor or TA
- Additional documentation that will help us to evaluate the proposed experience (optional)
After the Exploration
Each grant recipient is required to complete the following within one month of completing the Exploration internship or project.
- A brief report summarizing the experience and what it meant to the student
- A summary of how the grant funding was used, including budget and actual travel, accommodation and living expenses
Any grant recipient not submitting a report by September 30, 2014 may be subject to an academic bar.