The University has 1000 30 second b-roll video clips available to news agencies and UT departments.
- News Media - please contact the Digital Asset Manager, Cathy Choi. Be sure to include deadline information.
- Other External Agencies - please complete the Digital Asset Rights Form. License fees may apply.
- UT Staff and Faculty - request access to the Digital Asset Management System by contacting the manager, Cathy Choi.
- Check out our tips for using campus b-roll on the video tips page.
Television and Radio Interview Facilities (Vyvx Studio)
In addition to serving as the University Communications photo studio, the Media Studio in WWH offers live and remote recording of interviews by news media outlets.
VYVX: Remote connection for TV interviews.
ISDN: Remote connection for radio interviews with up to two people.
The Digial Content Group (DCG) in coordination with Media Relations will check availability of the studio and either book the studio or recommend an alternative. The DCG videographer will coordinate technical setup with media.
Media reps should alert Gary Susswein in Media Relations about planned interviews, then contact one of the following local studios to schedule the remote transmission. Be certain to provide the following information:
- Date and time
- Contact info for media outlet
- Interviewee's name
4407 Bee Caves Road, Suite 612
Austin, TX 78746
Branding UT Videos
Branding information, including suggested design elements will be posted on the Brand Guide website soon.
Video on Social Media
Shorter is generally better. For Facebook, short = 30 seconds. Check out our video tips for more about what makes good video for specific communications channels.
Getting Your Video Made
University Communications has one videographer position on our staff. Like the University photographer, this position is primarily focused on strategic communications issues for stories that have a wide-reaching impact.
Some departments on campus provide video production services (though they may be limited):
- ITS A/V Multimedia Services
- Liberal Arts ITS
- Faculty Innovation Center (FIC)
- Texas Student TV (TSTV) TSTV student employees and management produce many video projects throughout the year for University departments. In addition, TSTV now has remote broadcasting equipment that may be used for live events on campus.
Units needing professional video services can contact University Marketing and Creative Services for project evaluation.