The primary role of the Student Ambassadors at the Student Activity Center (SAC) is to assist and provide services to students, faculty, staff, and guests of the building in a professional and friendly manner. This position requires highly effective communication skills, attention to detail, and an ability to assist numerous guests efficiently. Student Ambassadors are integral in directing guests around the building and to other locations on campus. Therefore, candidates for this position should have good awareness of the campus’ changing landscape and all advertised events in and outside of the Student Activity Center.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Student Ambassadors
• Receive all incoming phone calls to the SAC general information line.
• Receive patrons as they enter into the building.
• Provide available services such as faxing, copying, access to the Student Workroom, and the Comfort Room.
• Assist in the distribution of tickets for special events.
• Direct tours of the SAC.
• Create documents and presentations for various administrative and promotional purposes such as DigiKnow slides and posters.
• Create imaginative decorations for the building.
• Assist in traffic control during times when the building has high occupancy.
• Assist with building evacuations and emergency procedures.
• Maintain the Hospitality Desk and make sure it remains professional in appearance at all times.
• Refer patrons to alternate locations if information cannot be found.
• Assist the Reservations Office with daily office duties.
• Assist with all outgoing and incoming mail and e-mail.
• Assist all full-time SAC staff in various duties and projects.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of all SAC, University Unions, and campus-wide events.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of SAC building policies and procedures.