The Social Media Marketing Assistant works with a team to develop, plan and execute the University Unions social media strategy. The University Unions currently has an active social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and content spans all University Unions facilities: Texas Union, Student Activity Center, Hogg Memorial Auditorium, Student Services Building and 2609.
The Social Media Marketing Assistant will attend events in University Unions facilities, so the work schedule will vary each week.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Generate creative ideas for social media content and campaigns with teammates
• Publish content on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with an emphasis on the brand’s voice, correct grammar and spelling, humor, and best practices
• Provide strong project management for social media campaigns and content development
• Take photographs and video clips of events at University Unions facilities and utilize with Facebook, live tweets, and Instagram posts
• Assist with the development and execution of a long-term social media strategy
• Experiment with new and diverse social media technologies and incorporate into content development by self-training
• Evaluate social media analytics of composed posts and utilize data to inform content creation
• Engage and interact with audiences promptly while maintaining the brand’s voice
• Other duties as assigned that support the efforts of the University Unions communications strategy