The Building Services Support Tech is responsible for the preparation, cleaning, and physical setup/support for all meetings and events in the Student Activity Center (SAC). The position is highly collaborative with other event support departments in the SAC.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that all room and event setups are completed as listed in the building services event setup worksheets and/or setup diagram.
• Setup/Break down tables, chairs, stanchions, staging, etc. as necessary to meet the needs of the SAC.
• Lock and unlock meeting rooms as needed.
• General light event preparation including, but not limited to: sweeping, mopping,
vacuuming, cleaning furniture and walls, cleaning windows, emptying room trash
and other cleaning duties as needed to prepare room for next event.
• Moving boxes, equipment, furniture etc. into or out of storage.
• Report all facility or equipment problems to the supervisor.
• Attend any scheduled meetings and training sessions.
• Assist loading dock with deliveries as scheduled.
• Complete all paperwork as assigned by Lead/Assistant Supervisor.
• Assist with training of newly hired Building Services Support Tech.
• Assist with set up of AV equipment and help return any AV equipment to its proper location upon completion of events.