The Events CoSponsorship Committee is limited to nine (9) voting members composed of the following:
- 1 Chairperson selected from the Committee of the previous academic year
- 8 Individuals selected from the student body
All voting members of the Committee must be registered students with The University of Texas at Austin in good standing. Undergraduates and graduate students must have a course load that qualifies them as full time students.
Selection of Members
- Recruitment is usually once per year during the middle of the Spring semester.
- The new member process includes an application and interview.
Voting Committee Member
- When each organization presents, members ask questions that serve to clarify or assist in the decision-making process. During deliberations, members share their opinions and a vote is then taken.
- Each organization that ECC awards funding to is assigned a contact person from the Committee. The number of organizations per Committee member varies according to how many groups receive funding. The contact person is responsible for:
-Working with the organization to ensure the program is successful.
-Explaining what ECC has funded and its stipulations.
-Processing related paperwork.
-Reporting back to the Committee about the status of events.
- Each member of ECC also has a tertiary role. These roles range from Finance Director to Marketing Director.