Applications for funding are due five weeks prior to the event. Please submit applications to the Student Events Center Office on the 4th floor of the Texas Union, UNB 4.312.
Please read the following carefully before applying
Eligibility for ECC Funding:
- ECC funded events must be open to current UT students and located on UT campus.
- Funding cannot be used for organizations’ charitable donations, food or miscellaneous expenses such as office supplies.
- All items funded by the ECC must be purchased by the Texas Union. The Texas Union will not reimburse any purchase.
- ECC will reduce its contribution by the amount of the profit made by the student organization if admission is charged.
- Any tangible or material item funded by Events CoSponsorship Committee (ECC) must be rented or disposable.
- Funding cannot be used for conference or workshop registration fees. However, if your organization is hosting an unrestricted attendance conference, then the Fund may be used for expenses such as speaker fees, advertising, room rental, etc.
- ECC funding is not available to events cosponsored by other University Unions Student Events Center committees.
- The applying organization must complete all current forms forms fully and accurately before program funding will be considered. The ECC budget sheet must be used and the complete application must be typed. Call for quotes on all items that you wish funded.
- The application must be turned in to the Student Events Center (UNB 4.312). Email submissions will not be accepted.
Guidelines and General Stipulations:
- Any tangible or material item funded by ECC must be rented or disposable.
- All items funded by ECC must be purchased by the Student Events Center and be paid directly by the Student Events Center Accounting Department. The University Unions will not reimburse any purchase. This means that in order for your organization to use the money approved, you must speak with your contact person on ECC and fill out the necessary paperwork prior to purchasing or committing to purchase products and/or services.
- ECC will reduce its contribution by the amount of the profit made by the student organization on the event. All expenses and purchases for which ECC funds are used will only be paid upon confirmation of the speaker, necessary room, and/or banner space.
- All advertising and promotion for the approved program must include the Student Events Center Events CoSponsorship Committee logo or name as cosponsors. Such advertising and promotion should be across the entire university campus so that the entire student body, undergraduate and graduate, is informed of the event. ECC reserves the right to withhold our name and committee logo from your event.
- Upon approval of funding, a complete listing of stipulations will be issued and must be signed by the organization within a specified time, else the allocation may be voided.
- You will receive an email confirmation of receipt as soon as your application is received.
- You will be contacted within 7 days of the email confirmation for an update on the status of your application. If you are not contacted please call (512) 475-6645 for more information.
Applications for funding are due five weeks prior to the event. For weekend events, the application must be submitted by the Friday five weeks prior to the event, as the Student Events Center is not open on weekends. A special early funding allocation process takes place in November and April of each year for events taking place within the first five weeks of the following long semester. Please submit applications to the Student Events Center office on the 4th floor of the Texas Union, UNB 4.312.
Applications (click to download):
Before you download the Funding Application be sure to understand the eligibility criteria and guidelines above. Please read through the application and fill it out completely and accurately. If you have any questions, please ask. Also, please include a phone number where you can readily be reached.