Brochure | Tour Schedule
- An hour long self-guided tour of the UT Tower escorted by a UT student guide.
- Patrons will ride an elevator to the 27th floor of the Tower, then take three short flights of stairs to the observation deck. An auxiliary elevator is available to guests with restricted mobility.
- Guests will have approximately 45 minutes to view Austin from the observation deck, with a short informational speech from the Tower guides.
Reserve A Ticket
- Tower Tours reservations can be made in person at the Texas Union Hospitality Center (24th and Guadalupe) or by calling 512-475-6633 (or 877-475-6633).
- Tickets may be reserved in advance, and all tickets are purchased the day of the tour.
- All guests are required to purchase a ticket to accompany the tour, regardless of age.
- Tickets are $6.00 per person, payable by cash, MasterCard, or Visa.
- Advance reservations are recommended as we’re frequently booked in advance.
Location and Parking Information
- Guests may park in either the San Antonio parking garage (25th and San Antonio) or the University Co-op parking garage (directly behind the Co-op at 23rd and San Antonio) for a fee.
- The Texas Union is located directly across from the Co-op (24th and Guadalupe). Once in the Texas Union, the Hospitality Center is located on the South end of the 2nd floor across from Starbucks.
Ticket Purchase & Pickup
- Pick up and pay for your ticket on the day of your tour at the Texas Union Hospitality Center (across from Starbucks).
- You must pick up your tickets no less than 20 minutes prior to the start of your tour.
- If tickets are not picked up by this time, they will be forfeited.
- If a tour is completely reserved, we will begin a waitlist on the day of the tour.
- (No waitlists are made prior to the day of the tour).
- You may call or come in person to be placed on the waitlist.
- Any unclaimed tickets will be released for purchase starting 10 minutes before the start of the tour to those on the waitlist.
- You MUST be present at the Hospitality Center 10 minutes before the hour to claim your waitlist tickets.
To provide an opportunity for guests to visit the University’s Tower, the University of Texas at Austin completed extensive renovations and structural improvements, as well as instituted tour safety procedures.
- Absolutely no bags are allowed on the tour, including purses, camera bags, fanny packs, diaper bags, etc.
- Other items not allowed in the tour include food, beverages, umbrellas, strollers, car seats or pocket knives.
- These items can be left at home or in the car, or the Hospitality Center has lockers available for rent for $1.00 to place items in until the end of the tour.
- Items allowed on the tour include cameras (without the bag), cell phones/electronic devices, and walkers/wheelchairs.
- Tours will only be cancelled in the event of lightning, and our staff will attempt to call you (with the phone number provided) to let you know in advance.
- Please note: Restrooms are not available on the tour; however they will be available directly before and after.
- Guests must remain with the tour; early departures will not be allowed.
- Guests are required to pass through a metal detector before entry onto the elevator.
- Guests must defer to Tour Guides and UT Police Officers regarding all tour procedures.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult, and we ask no more than five children accompany a single adult.
For inquiries or to make reservations, please call the Texas Union Hospitality Desk at 512-475-6633 (or 877-475-6633).