How to Apply for Project GO
All students are expected to have taken the equivalent of four semesters (12 credits) of the same critical language (Russian, or Arabic) to be eligible for the summer study abroad program
**The application window for our Summer 2015 Project GO programs in Batumi. Georgia and Meknes, Morocco is now closed. We are no longer accepting applications.**
Instructions for UT students
ROTC students at UT-Austin can participate in the academic year program of Project GO by registering for the program at the beginning of the fall semester.
Registration requires the completion of the online application, and committing to the program guidelines for each language.
Academic Year Program
In order to prepare for summer abroad programs in Georgia or Morocco:
- Students must enroll in their chosen intensive language class:
- Russian: RUS 601C in Fall and 611C in Spring;
- Arabic: ARA 601C in Fall and 611C in Spring;
- Students registered for the intensive language classes and enrolled in the Project GO program will be assigned a free language tutor to meet with once a week for one hour during the academic year.
Instructions for Non-UT students
Non-UT students will need to have fulfilled the four semesters language requirement to be eliglble for summer study abroad with UT-Austin. Please apply through the application link above and submit the additional documentation listed below.
Please submit the following materials by email by with subject line: "Project GO Application: YOUR NAME" to:
(Russian) Elliott Nowacky email@example.com
(Arabic) Christian Glakas firstname.lastname@example.org
- A completed and signed copy of the Project GO Common Application in .pdf format. (availiable at the link at the top of this page)
- Fall semester grades in your intensive language class (UT students should submit a .pdf file of their online grade report; students at other institutions of higher education should send a .pdf file of their unofficial transcript)
- A letter of recommendation from your current Arabic/Russian language instructor (signed, on letterhead, in .pdf format)
- A letter of recommendation from your ROTC Commander. A template of the letter of reference can be found HERE.
*Recommendations can be sent directly from the language instructor and ROTC Commander to the associated contact for that language, as listed above. Letters of recommendations will not be accepted if they are submitted by a Project GO applicant.
For more information on Project GO contact:
Department of Slavic and Eurasian Studies
Office: BUR 452
Department of Middle Eastern Studies
Office: CAL 528F