Applying to NEW Leadership™ Texas
NEW Leadership™ Texas is scheduled for June 7-12, 2015
Applications are open now. Click here for the online application
2015 Letters of Recomendation Form (to accompany application)
Deadline for applications is March 30, 2015
Who should apply?
CWGS is committed to including women from diverse socioeconomic, ethnic, racial, political and educational backgrounds in each NEW Leadership™ Texas program. We strongly encourage women of color, nontraditional college women, and students majoring in fields outside political science to apply.
Selection Criteria: NEW Leadership™ Texas selects students with the intent of creating a class of individuals who represent varied backgrounds and experiences.
Five primary criteria guide the competitive selection process:
- Individual leadership potential;
- Maturity, ability to deal with challenges, and capacity to reflect on one’s own personal strengths and weaknesses;
- Special interests, unique characteristics and/or diverse experiences which contribute to the NEW Leadership™ Texas learning goals;
- Interest in politics, public service, or public policy; and
- Commitment to participate fully in the N.E.W. Leadership institute.
NEW Leadership™ Texas is free to attend. Housing, food, and all program materials are provided for the full six days of the program. Each participating college and university will be asked by the student to contribute a $500 program fee to help offset programming costs. NEW Leadership™ Texas will invoice your school once you have been accepted.
List of colleges and universities that have had students participate in NEW Leadership Texas. We welcome students from all colleges and universities in Texas to apply as well as Texas residents who attend college out-of-state.
NEW Leadership™ Texas participants are expected to attend all summer institute sessions and live in the residence halls during the entire program.