The Center for European Studies is fortunate to be a part of one of the largest universities in the country. With such fabulous resources at our fingertips, our Outreach Program is able to maintain a speakers bureau of faculty and graduate students who are willing to speak to K-12 classes, local businesses, church groups, retirement communities, and other organizations and groups to discuss a wide range of topics.
We have experts from the Departments of English, History, French and Italian, Spanish and Portuguese, Anthropology, Germanic Studies, Art History, Government, Architecture, and many others.
Some of the many topics offered include:
- Don Quixote
- Thomas More and the English Renaissance
- St. Augustine and early Christianity
- Lyric Poetry
- Dante – including a presentation of the website Danteworlds
- Expansion of the EU
- Texas and Europe with Spanish Integration
- Native Americans of East Texas with European Contact
- Portugal’s History and Culture
- Tracking Spanish Elements of Southwestern Culture
- The European Renaissance
- French Literary Theory and Criticism
- Italy’s Cultural History
- Other topics to be added
We would be happy to discuss the needs of your class or organization and arrange an appropriate talk or presentation.
CES is also developing a Digital Speakers Bureau that will include short videos by UT Austin faculty and graduate students regarding various toipics including those in the list above. If you have a suggestion for a topic that would be of interest, please send us an e-mail and we will see if we can accomodate the request.