Blending the Boundaries in the Age of Globalization: Trends, Challenges, and Innovations in Language Education
Fourteenth Annual Texas Foreign Language Education Conference (TexFLEC)
February 22nd and 23rd, 2013
College of Liberal Arts Building
The University of Texas at Austin
Programs for TexFLEC 2013 are now available for download.
Registration is now closed.
"SLA for the 21st Century: Disciplinary Progress, Transdisciplinary Relevance, and the Bi/Multilingual Turn"
Dr. Lourdes OrtegaProfessor of Applied Linguistics
View speaker bio
The Texas Foreign Language Education Conference (TexFLEC) at The University of Texas at Austin is an annual conference that brings together researchers, educators and students in the fields of foreign language education, TEFL/TESL (Teaching English as a Foreign or Second Language), linguistics, and applied linguistics.
Rapid changes in globalization have fostered an era of unprecedented interconnectedness between people. Language educators can now use innovative approaches that have helped blend previously definable distinctions in foreign or second language learning and teaching. It is time for educators and students to share and discuss current ideas and research on how these blended boundaries are impacting language classrooms.
- Priority deadline November 30, 2012.
- For more information, please contact TexFLEC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) at UT Austin
- ESL Services and the International Office at UT Austin
- The Foreign Language Education Student Association (FLESA) at UT Austin
- The Foreign Language Education (FLE) Program at UT Austin
- The Texas Language Center (TLC) at UT Austin
- The Deparment of Slavic and Eurasian Studies at UT Austin
- The Graduate Student Assembly at UT Austin
- Student Government Association at UT Austin
TexFLEC regularly publishes conference proceedings in Texas Papers in Foreign Language Education (TPFLE), the journal of UT's Foreign Language Education Program.
Questions about the conference can be direced to email@example.com