Graduate English Placement
Those who have earned PhD degrees from the English department at The University of Texas have gone on to careers in academia, publishing, the arts, technology, and higher education administration.
Our students graduate with outstanding training as teachers, having served as both Teaching Assistants in large lecture classes and as Assistant Instructors in their own classes. In addition, the resources of the Department of Rhetoric and Writing, the Undergraduate Writing Center, and the Digital Writing and Research Lab offer opportunities for research and job experience that is valued by employers. Our students have positions in secondary school teaching, community college teaching, higher education technology, humanities administration, higher education administration, publishing, technology, software development, consulting, and writing center administration.
** 2011-2015 Placement Record.
Where do our PhDs get jobs? Find out where our graduates currently hold positions in academe as well as in the private sector.
For additional resources visit our internal site.
- List of Fellowships and Grants from MLA
- List of Postdoctoral Fellowships from UC Berkeley Sponsored Projects Office
- Fellowship Database from Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Intellectual Entrepreneurship Career Resources
- Inside Higher Ed
- Sellout: A Resource for PhDs Considering Careers Beyond the University
- Academic Keys (employment service)