Costs and Scholarships
The cost to each participant is $4,300. This fee covers room and breakfast in Paris, transportation from Paris to Lyon (train), housing and demi-pension (breakfast and supper) in Lyon, e-mail access at the University of Lyon, a local transportation pass in Lyon, and all program weekend excursions including transportation, hotel rooms, and breakfast and supper.
Student responsibilities not included in the fees:
- Round-trip airfare between U.S. and France
- Lunches and suppers in Paris, Lunches in Lyon and on excursions
- Registration fees for two courses at UT
- A valid passport. U.S. citizens do not need a visa, but some foreign students need one and are responsible for obtaining it
- Cell phone in France
- Medical and Emergency Insurance ($130)-Billed through UT Study Abroad
- $50 Study Abroad application fee - billed by UT Study Abroad on acceptance to the program.
Any student in good standing who will have completed a year of French (FR601C and FR611C) before the program begins and who has an overall G.P.A. of 3.0 may apply.
Upon acceptance, students may apply for need-based scholarships from the the College of Liberal Arts, Lyon Program and the UT Study Abroad Office. The College of Liberal Arts has typically allocated about $30,000 in scholarship money for Lyon Program participants. Thus, we expect to offer scholarships averaging close to $1,000 per student based on need.
The department reserves the right to cancel or modify the program at any time. Should the program be cancelled, participants will receive full refunds less expenses incurred, if any.
50% of the fees will be reimbursed for withdrawal prior to April 1st, 25% prior to May 1st, and none after that date.
All Info Sessions are from 5:00-6:00 pm.
French and Italian Lounge, HRH 2.118
Learn about the program. Talk with faculty and past Lyon participants.
February 6, 2015
Students are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Notification of Acceptance
February 13, 2015
$500 non-refundable deposit due upon acceptance.*