French Tutorial Center
Tutorial assistance with French assignments and conversational practice is available on a walk-in basis for current students. The French Tutorial Center is a free service for UT students, especially those enrolled in Lower Division French courses.
The Center is currently located in HRH 4.102B, TBA (fall and spring only).
There are many ways to benefit from the Tutorial Center; here are a few suggestions:
- Have a purpose in mind for each visit.
- To practice pronunciation, read out loud and have the tutor correct your pronunciation;
- To practice listening comprehension, listen to the tutor with your book closed and repeat what the tutor says.
- To practice conversation, have an idea of something you'd like to talk about, and have a couple of sentences or questions prepared to start with.
- To practice grammar and vocabulary, use activities from the text (review or current material). Have the tutor ask you questions aloud, without your seeing them.
- The center is staffed by TAs working in many different courses, so bring your books and course packet with you so the tutor can use your vocabulary and grammar.
NOTE: Tutors may answer specific questions and explain usage, but no advanced editing on compositions and homework.
Additionally, Le Cercle français will be held every Friday from 3-4 at the Cactus Café in the Texas Union. The coffee hour will run from Friday, February 6 through Friday, May 1.