Psychology Course Prerequisites
ANY STUDENT WHO DOES NOT MEET PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE DROPPED
A passing score (or exemption) on the reading section of the TASP exam
For more information about TASP, see the TASP Office website.
All Other PSY Courses
You must have PSY 301 with a C or better to take ANY other Psychology course
- Restricted to Psychology Majors
- Requires M 302 or higher level Math in addition to PSY 301
- Students cannot enroll in PSY 418 a second time without written permission from a departmental advisor
- Students may not enroll in PSY 418 a third time
Upper Division PSY
Requires 1) completion of at least 60 hours of course work and 2) a Statistics class in addition to PSY 301.
- For Psychology Majors--Must have PSY 418 with a C or better
- For non-majors--one of the following Statistics classes (with a C or better) will suffice:
If you have any questions about the prerequisites, please email email@example.com.
Department of Psychology
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712
Phone: (512) 471-4410
Fax: (512) 471-3413