Liberal Arts Grants Services compiles a weekly list of grant opportunities that may be of interest to faculty and graduate students in the College. Contact us to sign up for weekly emails, or view archived lists on our news page.
SciVal Funding is a subscription grants database available through UT Libraries. Maintained by Elsevier, SciVal offers one of the most comprehensive grants searches available, and also allows you to set up email alerts based on your custom searches. Faculty may create individual profiles to make the most of this tool.
Operated by UT Austin’s Division of Diversity and Community Engagement, the RFL makes a wide variety of print and online grant seeking tools available to the public. Attend a weekly orientation for individual grant seekers on Thursdays, 3-4PM, or make an appointment with a librarian to make the most of the RFL’s resources.
Grants.gov is the online clearinghouse for U.S. federal funding. Sign up for agency-specific alerts or search for opportunities.
PND’s Request for Proposals database lists current opportunities from private foundations. Search the database for online, or sign up for free weekly emails.
1. Search in short blocks of time (1-2 hours), frequently (1-2 times per semester).
2. Mix up your key words, and do both broad and narrow searches.
3. Sign up for email alerts from relevant funders and professional organizations.
4. Follow the money. See who is funding research and programming that interests you.
5. Collaborate. Share information and contacts with sponsors with colleagues.