- This application is only for College of Liberal Arts students who expect to complete their degree in Spring 2016.
- If you intend to ONLY participate (walk) in the commencement ceremony, go to GEB 2.306 to sign the walk list.
- There is no guarantee that any student who applies to graduate (or signs the walk list) after April 4, 2016 will be listed in the commencement program.
- If you are not currently enrolled, you may be able to graduate in absentia.
Step 1: Degree Audit
- It is important to verify your eligibility for graduation.
- Create a degree audit by using the Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) system.
- Visit the student affairs office in GEB 2.306 if your audit is lacking degree requirements.
Step 2: Submit Graduation Application
You will submit a graduation application online OR you will complete a graduation application in person at GEB 2.306. Please review the guidelines below regarding online or in-person graduation applications to see which process to use.
Spring 2016 Online Graduation Application is closed. April 5-May 6 come to Dean's Office in GEB to apply in person.
You can submit a graduation application online from February 4, 2016 until April 4, 2016 if:
- You are currently enrolled at UT Austin (UT Extension or UT Correspondence do NOT count).
- You have credit for at least 120 hours, including current courses.
- You have a declared major AND minor.
- You have claimed all Credit-by-Examination needed for degree requirements.
You must complete a graduation application in person in GEB 2.306 by May 6, 2016 if:
- You do not have at least a 2.0 UT or major GPA.
- You have an incomplete ('X') on your transcript.
- You are concurrently enrolled at UT and another institution. You must to provide proof of enrollment at the other institution. UT must receive all final transcripts by May 18 to guarantee certification for Spring 2016.
- You are applying to graduate April 5-May 6.
Step 3: Application Status
- Already applied? Check your application status here (UT EID).
- Are you eligible for a tuition rebate? Find out here.
- Online Graduation Application Deadline: April 4, 2016
- In-Person Graduation Application Deadline: May 6, 2015 by 5:00pm
- University Extension Self-Paced Final Exam Deadline: April 15, 2016
- Transcript Deadline for coursework from other institutions: May 18, 2016 by 5:00pm