Summer 2015 applications will be accepted June 4-July 17.
You may be eligible to apply to graduate in absentia in Summer 2015 if:
- You are pursuing a degree in the College of Liberal Arts, but will not be currently enrolled in any regular University day classes; AND
- You have completed all degree requirements, or will complete any lacking requirements in the Summer 2015 semester.
Step 1: Degree Audit
- All degree requirements must be completed or in progress before the student can begin the in absentia graduation process. For coursework in progress, verification of enrollment (e.g. unofficial transcript, class schedule, etc.) must be provided.
- If you are currently enrolled in a University Extension online course, final exams must be taken by July 31 to guarantee posting degree certification.
- If you are currently enrolled in a course through another institution, transcripts must be received by August 19 to guarantee posting by degree certification.
- If coursework completed in transfer, contact the Office of Admissions at (512) 475-7399 to request credits be posted to your academic record.
- Create a degree audit using the Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) to determine if your academic record is clear.
- Continue to Step 2 if your audit is clear. If not, then contact the Office of Student Affairs at 512-471-4271.
NOTE: If you previously completed coursework in an expired catalog (06-08 or earlier) and did not earn your degree, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 512-471-4271 to discuss your options with an advisor.
Step 2: Financial/Non-Financial Bars
Step 3: Submitting Your Request
- Summer 2015 requests will be accepted until 5 pm on Friday July 17th.
- Online Request Form is no longer available. If you have questions, please contact an advisor at 512-471-4271
Step 4: Confirmation
- An advisor in the College of Liberal Arts Student Division will receive your in absentia application request. If you successfully complete Steps 1 and 2, the advisor will send an email with the appropriate forms, required fees, and instructions. The in absentia registration fee is $25. An additional $75 readmission fee will be charged for students who have not been enrolled at the University for a long semester.
- Return completed form(s) to the Office of Student Affairs (GEB 2.200). You will receive a confirmation email from Student Accounts Receivable with payment information.