You may be eligible to apply to graduate in absentia in Spring 2015 if:
- You are pursuing a degree in the College of Liberal Arts, but not currently enrolled in any regular University day classes; AND
- You have completed all degree requirements, or will complete any lacking requirements in the Spring 2015 semester.
Note: If you are planning to graduate in Summer 2015 or later, but would like to participate in the spring commencement ceremonies, contact our office to be added to the walk list—do not submit an in absentia request.
Step 1: Degree Audit
- All degree requirements must be completed or in progress before the student can begin the in absentia graduation process. For coursework in progress, verification of enrollment (e.g. unofficial transcript, class schedule, etc.) must be provided.
- If you are currently enrolled in a University Extension online course, final exams must be taken by May 1 to guarantee posting degree certification.
- If you are currently enrolled in a course through another institution, transcripts must be received by May 19 to guarantee posting by degree certification.
- If coursework completed in transfer, contact the Office of Admissions at (512) 475-7399 to request credits be posted to your academic record.
- Create a degree audit using the Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) to determine if your academic record is clear.
- Continue to Step 2 if your audit is clear. If not, then contact the Office of Student Affairs at 512-471-4271.
NOTE: If you previously completed coursework in an expired catalog (06-08 or earlier) and did not earn your degree, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 512-471-4271 to discuss your options with an advisor.
Step 2: Financial/Non-Financial Bars
Step 3: Submitting Your Request
Step 4: Confirmation
- An advisor in the College of Liberal Arts Student Division will receive your in absentia application request. If you successfully complete Steps 1 and 2, the advisor will send an email with the appropriate forms, required fees, and instructions. The in absentia registration fee is $25. An additional $75 readmission fee will be charged for students who have not been enrolled at the University for a long semester.
- Return completed form(s) to the Office of Student Affairs (GEB 2.200). You will receive a confirmation email from Student Accounts Receivable with payment information.