Getting Acquainted with the UT EID Administrative Services Application
This section provides an overview of the UT EID Administrative Services application, including:
- Logging On
- Searching for a UT EID
- Using the UT EID At A Glance View
- Using the Action Views
- Using the Administrative Services Application Interface
Refer to Using the UT EID Administrative Services Application for information on performing specific actions on UT EIDs using the Administrative Services application.
To access the Administrative Services application, go to https://www.utexas.edu/eid and select the UT EID Contact and Administrative Support Tool link in the footer area of the page (UT EID logon required).
To view information or take action on an identity, you must start with a UT EID. Depending on how much information you have, you can search for an EID in one of two ways:
- If you know the UT EID, you can enter it in the Quick Jump UT EID Search field.
- If you don't know the UT EID, you can enter search values in the main EID Search bar. If you use this search option, your search results will be displayed, and then you can select the appropriate UT EID from the list of results.
After you locate the appropriate EID record, you can view essential information about this identity (including name, affiliations, entitlements, restrictions, and logon status). Information about that EID and EID holder (if it is a person EID) is shown in the UT EID At a Glance view. There are three areas of interest in this view:
- At a glance information - includes personal information about the EID holder, as well as the class, affiliations, entitlements, and restrictions.
Note: You can resize the At a glance information by clicking the small +/- button in the upper right-hand corner of the At a glance information area.
- EID actions - If you are authorized to perform any actions on the EID, these will be listed in the EID actions list in the top center of the page. If you are authorized only to view EID information, the EID actions list will not be visible. Refer to Using the UT EID Administration Tool for information on how to use each of the actions.
- Tab information - More detailed information about the EID and its history is available under the detailed identity information tabs.
If you need to perform an action on a UT EID, you can use the EID actions in the top center of the page. Refer to Using the UT EID Administrative Services Application for information on how to use each of the actions.
IMPORTANT: Before taking any action on an identity, be sure to confirm you have the correct identity record.
The following actions can be taken on an identity:
- Reset Password
- Update Entitlement
- Merge Person EIDs
- Change Person EID
- Lock EID
You can expand and collapse the At a Glance information by clicking the small +/- button in the upper right-hand corner of the At a Glance information area.
You may notice that some of the text in the tool is underlined with small black dots. If you place your cursor on the text, a short hover message that explains the underlined text will appear under your cursor. (These underlines are different from links, which are underlined with a solid line.)
Should you need assistance while using the Administrative Service application, select the Admin Help link in the toolbar to access these help files.