Mon. April 20, 2015
Amy Blakemore (MFA in Studio Art, 1985) has been selected as the 2015 Texas Artist of the Year by Art League Houston. Blakemore will present work in an exhibition at Art League Houston September 25 – November 7, 2015.
Thu. April 16, 2015
Mon. April 13, 2015
Assistant Professor Kristin Lucas pens a response to Samara Golden's installation at MoMA/PS1 in the spring issue of BOMB Magazine.
Thu. April 9, 2015
Professors Julia Guernsey and David Stuart present papers at symposium in honor of the late Linda Schele. The symposium was organized by the Art History Society of California State University in Los Angeles April 10–11, 2015.
Department alumni presenters include:
- Carl D. Callaway, MA in Art History, 2006
- Rex Koontz, PhD in Art History, 1994
- Megan E. O'Neil, MA in Art History, 1999
- Matthew H. Robb, MA in Art History, 1999
- Carolyn E. Tate, MA/PhD in Art History, 1980/1986
- Khristaan Villela, MA/PhD in Art History, 1993/2001
- Marline D. Werness-Rude, MA/PhD in Art History, 2003/2010
Additional UT Austin alumni include:
- Manuel Aguilar-Moreno, PhD Latin American Studies, 1999
- F. Kent Reilly III, MA/PhD in Latin American Studies, 1987/1994
- David M. Schaefer, MA in Latin American Studies, 2011
- Elaine Day Schele, PhD in Latin American Studies, 2012