Fine Arts Professional Development Courses & Programs
Looking for an academic class to help you explore career options or to receive credit for an internship?
Hoping to get more out of your degree by pursuing interdisciplinary studies?
Interested in travelling to the east or west coast to investigate arts administration jobs?
The College of Fine Arts offers fine arts courses to help you with these goals each semester. The university also offers undergraduate certificates and graduate portfolio programs in areas of particular interest to fine arts students. Be sure to check the course listings in your own department for more specialized class options!
For students interested in exploring outside of Austin, the New York Seminar and University of Texas Semester in Los Angeles (UTLA) give participants the opportunity to learn about the arts and entertainment industry from working professionals.
Fine Arts Professional Development Courses
Check back later for links to Fall 2013 courses!
Spring 2013 Undergraduate Courses
Fine Arts Internship (FA 340)
T 12:30-2, lecture and discussion
T 6-7:30, lab
Unique Number 19870
Instructor: Ann Paterra
Prerequisites: Upper-division standing, a university grade point average of at least 2.5, and consent of instructor
Restricted to College of Fine Arts students.
May be counted toward the writing flag requirement.
Students enrolled in Fine Arts Internship will be able to:
• Integrate academic experiences with the practical experience of the internship.
• Improve writing and research skills, particularly as they relate to career planning.
• Demonstrate professional competencies including professional writing and speaking skills and specific skills related to your internship’s learning goals.
• Gain a greater understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses as they relate to careers and be able to communicate those strengths to others.
• Increase knowledge of how arts opportunities exist in the workplace, across industries and sectors.
Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Graduate Portfolio Programs
Fine Arts Professional Development Programs
New York Seminar
Travel to New York over spring break to visit major cultural institutions such as the Lincoln Center, discover career options in arts administration, and experience life in the Big Apple.