Deadlines & Events
Important Deadlines: Spring 2014
View the 2013-2014 Long Session Calendar for a complete listing of all important University dates and deadlines.
- Last day you can add a course on your own. You do this online. After the deadline, you must go to the department offering the course.
- Twelfth class day, this is the date the official enrollment count is taken.
- Last day to add a course (done in the department offering the course) without needing to appeal.
- Last day you can drop a course on your own. You do this online. After the deadline, you must initiate a Q-Drop in the Student Affairs office, DFA 1.103.
- Last day to drop a course for a possible refund.
- Last day to change a course to or from Pass/Fail. This is done in the Student Affairs office.
- Last day a students (with the dean's approval) withdraw from the University or drop a class except for urgent and substantiated, nonacademic reasons. This is done in the Student Affairs office.
- Last day an undergraduate student may register In Absentia (If you have completed all your degree requirements, are NOT currently enrolled and now want to apply to graduate).
- Last day to apply for an undergraduate degree. You must apply to graduate by this date if you wish to receive your degree in May. This is done in the Student Affairs office.
Spring 2014 Commencement Ceremony
Date: Friday, May 16 2014
Time: 3:00-5:00 PM (auditorium doors open at 2:30)
Location: Bass Concert Hall (2350 Robert Dedman Dr, Austin, TX 78712)
Tickets: Guests DO NOT need tickets to attend the ceremony. There is no limit to how many guests a student may invite.
Parking: The day of Commencement, all parking garages and surfaces lots on campus (excluding those marked "Reserved At All Times") are free and open to the public. The closest parking garages to Bass Concert Hall are the San Jacinto Garage and the Manor Garage.
Disability Services: There are several disabled parking spaces located along the west side of Robert Dedman Drive immediately in front of Bass Concert Hall. Additionally, there is a loading zone located in front of the venue on 23rd Street. Guests with mobility issues may be dropped off in the loading zone (about 50 yards to the doors of venue). Cars may be left in the loading zone (with flashers on) while those guests are assisted into the venue.
Graduates with disability or mobility concerns regarding Commencement should contact the College of Fine Arts Student Affairs Office at 512-471-5011. Guests with additional questions/concerns regarding disability services on the UT campus may contact the University ADAA Coordinator, Linda Millstone at 512-471-2437.
Please note: This ceremony is only for students receiving undergraduate Fine Arts degrees. If you are receiving a graduate degree in Fine Arts, please contact the Office of Graduate Studies at 471-4511 for information about your ceremony.