- Season & Tickets
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Current Students
- Summer Programs
How to Apply
Application Deadline EXTENDED! : January 1, 2015
Please read all instructions carefully.
All application materials must be sent electronically. No hard copies or mailing will be accepted except under certain conditions. Documents, supplemental materials and portfolios (as indicated by each degree plan) must be uploaded using PDF format unless otherwise indicated.
1) To apply, go to ApplyTexas.org
Here you will set up an account and fill out the form.
Note: Online requests for recommendations will be activated only after you have completed and paid for your application.
2) You will be able to choose your Area of Interest on a pull down menu, and this will ensure that you are applying to the right program. For example “M.F.A. in Directing,” “M.F.A. in Dance,” “M.F.A. in Lighting Design,” etc.
3) After completing and paying for your application you will be sent an email (roughly within 48 hours). This email will direct you to a site where you can check and your Application Status (using your new EID) and begin to upload your other degree requirements: My Status: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/adm/mystatus
Note: Be mindful of application deadlines for the degree you are applying for.
For detailed instructions on uploading transcripts (PDF format only, 15 MB max), visit http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/admissions/howtous.html
If the GRE is required by your degree plan, be sure to enter the appropriate code on your application: Institution Code, UT Austin: 6882. For more on the GRE visit www.ets.org/gre
To get further information on the application process and to learn more about graduate life at UT, visit the Office of Graduate Studies at http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/admissions/
- Official Transcript(s) (PDF format only, see upload instructions above)Applicants must submit transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- The GRE is required for the M.F.A. in DTYC
- Three letters of recommendation
These letters should be written by those who can speak most authoritatively about your background, training, experience and potential for a career in your chosen area of specialization in theatre. Letters should be submitted with the Request for Reference form available online at the time of application.Each reference will receive instructions how to submit his/her letter on-line to GIAC's secured web site. Only one letter is required from each reference.
- A professional résumé which details of your theatre and education work and scholarship.
- Personal statement which outlines and contextualizes relevant experience and future academic and professional goals in the field.
- A teaching philosophy/artist statement.
- Supporting materials which might include: Sample drama/applied theatre curricula OR a detailed concept and approach for a theatre for young audiences production. All supporting materials can be uploaded using the "Miscellaneous Admissions Documents" link through the Document Upload System.
Finalists will be invited for an on-campus interview in February; no interviews prior to February.
For problems uploading your application or for further information, contact
Alyse DeSoto, Assistant Director of Admissions, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include your phone number with all inquiries.