- Season & Tickets
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Current Students
- Summer Programs
B.F.A. in Dance - Register to Audition
An audition is required for admission to this program.
To begin, choose ONE of the following options:
- Complete the Department of Theatre and Dance Application to schedule your on-campus audition -or-
- Submit a Department Application and online audition through Acceptd
If attending a live audition, submit an artistic resume and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com before your audition date. If auditioning online, be prepared to upload these documents with your audition.
Preparing an Online Audition
Create an online account and submit the following by December 1, 2013:
- Personal Introduction and UT EID. (30 seconds)
- Ballet Barre, executing each of the following once: plies, port de bras, battement tendu, battement degage, rond de jambe a terre, fondu, grands battement and balances in retire and attitude derriere. (Up to 3 minutes)
- Ballet Center, performing the following: 1 adagio exhibiting developpé devant, a la second and promenade in arabesque, 1 turning combination with en dehors and en de dans pirouettes in retire, 1 petite allegro combination, 1 grand allegro combination. (Up to 5 minutes).
- Contemporary Combination, performing modern technique or improvisation. Please state which option you choose and who created the combination. (64 counts minimum, Up to 1 minute)
- Dance Resume
- Two letters of recommendation
Freshmen applicants must complete the Department Application to register to attend an audition no later than three business days before their intended audition. Review audition dates. Online auditions are due by December 1.
Current UT Austin students majoring in other programs, departments, or colleges who wish to change their major to the B.F.A. in Dance are welcome to attend class placement auditions at the start of each semester. Faculty evaluation and space availability will determine whether a student can enroll in restricted dance courses. Only students who have completed courses applicable to the B.F.A. in Dance degree will be considered for a change of major. Applicants should make an appointment with the department’s academic advisor, as well as with Dance faculty David Justin or Lyn Wiltshire before applying. Application for Change of Major (Available Feb. 1) and artistic resume are due no later than March 1. Only applicants with fewer than 40 UT Austin credit hours, who demonstrate a timely path to degree completion, will be considered.