- Season & Tickets
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Current Students
- Summer Programs
Musical Theatre - Register to Audition
An audition is required for this program. Applicants to Musical Theatre are required to either submit an online prescreening audition or attend a regional audition event in order to receive an invitation to attend an on-campus callback on January 18, 2014. Applicants must receive an invitation to, and attend an on-campus callback to be considered for admission to this program. Regional audition events may require advance registration with the host organization.
To begin, choose ONE of the following options by December 1:
- Online: Submit your Department Application, artistic resume, and online prescreening through Acceptd.
- Live: Submit your Department Application and resume to let us know you plan to attend a regional audition event in Texas to serve as your prescreening.
Preparing an Online Audition
Create an online account and submit the following by December 1:
- Two 32-bar cuts (no more than 1 min. 15 secs. each) from contrasting songs. Choose one classical/traditional musical theatre song that demonstrates lyric singing style and one pop/rock mainstream or contemporary musical song that demonstrates a male pop/female belt singing style. Use pre-recorded or piano accompaniment. Acapella submissions will not be considered.
- A monologue (one-minute in length) in contemporary realism style from a published play. Your monologue should not require dialect, costume, or props.
- Personal Introduction and UT EID
- Optional: Include a one-minute demonstration of abilities in jazz, ballet, and/or tap.
Online prescreenings submitted online include the Department Application in one step. Online submissions are due by December 1.
Freshmen applicants prescreening through a regional audition event must submit their Department Application by December 1. Review audition dates.
All applicants must receive an invitation to attend a January callback audition to be considered for admission to this program.
Current UT Austin students majoring in the Department of Theatre and Dance may audition for Musical Theatre at January callback dates. Students should speak with Mark-Anthony Zuniga, Academic Advisor, before scheduling an audition.
Current UT Austin students who are not currently majoring in the Department of Theatre and Dance must submit an online prescreening for faculty review before they may be invited to attend a January callback audition. Online submissions are due by December 1.
For more information, please contact:
Undergraduate Admissions Coordinator