Current UTemps Employee
Already a UTemp? This section will answer your questions from parking to payroll.
Welcome to UTemps, the temporary placement service of the University of Texas at Austin. We’re pleased to have you on our team of on-call workers providing the best in temporary services to the university. The following information will be helpful in understanding your role as a UTemp.
1. Required Compliance Training
- Compliance training must be completed before you start your first assignment and must be completed every two years.
- Your UTemp coordinator will instruct you when to complete the following compliance training modules:
The sexual harassment and EEO modules are mandated by the state and the remaining modules are required by the university.
These modules are good for two years. When you’ve completed the modules, you must notify the UTemps office by e-mail.
2. Paycheck Profile Information
This must be completed to receive your paycheck
- Check distribution-currently there are two ways to receive your UTemp payroll check:
- Direct deposit (recommended)—You’ll need your bank account information to complete this option.
- Pick up in person—Your check will be available on the check release date (see Timesheet/Payday Schedule) in the Main building, payroll office, room 134. Their office hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Be sure to have a picture ID with you.
Follow the steps below to complete your paycheck profile
- Log on to “My Paycheck Profile” using your EID and password.
- Complete the following:
- My Paycheck Profile
- My Personal Data
- My Withholding
- My Employee Addresses—Under campus address, enter J5600 as the campus mail code. You don’t need to enter a building name or room number.
- My Paycheck Distribution—You can choose to have your “Electronic Earnings Statement” sent to you via e-mail.
- My Bank Info—If you choose for your paycheck to be distributed by direct deposit (recommended), you’ll need your bank account information to complete this option.
Toopher Security Enhancements
The University of Texas at Austin has implemented Toopher, a two-factor authentication tool as a way to provide added security for certain UT Direct online services. My W-2 and My Paycheck Distribution/Bank Info-Payroll now require the use of Toopher in order to protect employees’ sensitive payroll data. To log in to these pages, users must enter their UT EID and password, and have access to a mobile phone with text messaging/SMS capability, or a smartphone or tablet using the Toopher App to authenticate their identity.
Information about setting up two-factor authentication is available on the ITS website and the ITS Help Desk can be contacted with questions related to this. Basic instructions for accessing the payroll webpages using Toopher are also available online.
For employees who cannot use Toopher, alternate processes will continue to be available:
Set up or change your paycheck distribution or bank info by completing a Payroll Services Employee Information (PSEI) form.
- Checks are distributed approximately the fifth workday following the close of the pay period. Your check will be distributed according to the instructions you made on your “Paycheck Profile.”
- Direct your questions about UTemps payroll checks to the UTemps office, not payroll services.
3. Acknowledge the Ethics Statement:
- Read and acknowledge the Standards of Conduct and Political Activities online (EID required).
4. UT System Worker’s Compensation Insurance Health Care Network Notification:
- Read and acknowledge the Worker’s Compensation Network Acknowledgement Form online (EID required).
5. Selective Service Eligibility:
- If you're a male between the ages of 18 and 25, complete the Selective Service Eligibility and Verification online. For more information, see the Selective Service Registration Frequently Asked Questions page.
6. Employee Information:
Placement on UTemp assignments depends on your availability. In order to let the UTemps office know that you’re available, you need to email each week on Monday to email@example.com
Include in the email, your full name, EID and phone number. If you’re available for part-time work, either mornings or afternoons, please be sure to indicate that in the email.
This will put you on our list of active and available UTemps. The UTemps office will contact you by phone and/or email when you’re selected for a temporary position.
Keep us informed
We need to be able to reach you during regular working hours in order to improve your opportunities for an assignment. If your phone number and/or email changes for any reason or for any length of time, please contact us immediately. If you become unable to work for UTemps, you’re hired within the university in a non-temporary capacity or found permanent employment elsewhere, please notify us as well.
If your status on your temp assignment changes, in particular your projected ending date, you must inform the UTemps Office immediately.
For questions, please e-mail us.
As a UTemp, you are eligible to purchase a university “A” parking permit. This doesn’t mean that you’re guaranteed parking. But it does allow you to park anywhere on campus marked “A” OR parking marked as available to any valid university permit. A map is available online showing those areas where you’re allowed to park with an “A” permit.
Every time you’re offered and accept a UTemp assignment, you will be asked if you want to purchase a parking permit. If you say yes, our office will fax a request to the office of Parking and Transportation Services (PTS), verifying that you can purchase a parking permit. The permit will be good for one month from that date. Example: Your permit begins on Jan. 15 and will expire Feb. 15, regardless if the date is a weekend or holiday.
Renewing your parking permit
It is your responsibility to obtain a parking permit renewal. To do this, you will need to visit The Parking and Transportation Services office. Do so within a couple of days before it is due to expire. You must provide your UTEID to verify that you currently have an active assignment. If you are unsure, please email our UTemps office to verify before proceeding to the PTS office. If you do not have a current assignment, an authorization request will be faxed. Be aware that, you may get a parking ticket for an expired permit.
The Parking and Transportation Services office is located on the corner of MLK and Trinity on the first floor of the Trinity Garage (TRG). When you go to purchase your permit, be sure to have your license plate number. Payment may be made by cash, personal check, Mastercard, Visa or Discover.
Access your Time Report Home page at:
You must complete a timesheet at the end of each week. You will be paid semi-monthly. The two semi-monthly pay periods are from the first of a calendar month through the fifteenth, and from the sixteenth through the last day of the month. You must submit your timesheets to the UTemps office no later than the first workday following the close of a pay period. You are responsible for ensuring that your timesheets are submitted no later than the date specified in the table below. Timesheets arriving after the due date cannot be processed until the next payroll.
You’re responsible for ensuring that your timesheets are submitted no later than the date specified in the table below. Timesheets arriving after the due date cannot be processed until the next payroll.
The best method to ensure your timesheet is submitted on time is for you to scan it into a PDF file and e-mail it to UTemps or deliver it in person. Faxing of timesheets is not allowed. Mailing your timesheet either by U.S. mail or campus mail is not recommended. To submit your timesheet in person:
- In person — If you drop off your timesheet, do so during your lunch hour so you can avoid losing any work time.
- Drop Box — The drop box is located on the first floor of North Office Building A (NOA), on the right side of the wall facing the elevators.
|Month/Pay Period Dates||Timesheet Due Date||Check Release Date (Payday)|
|September 1-15||Wednesday, Sept 16||Tuesday, Sept 22|
|September 16-30||Thursday, Oct 1||Wednesday, Oct 7|
|October 1-15||Friday, Oct 16||Thursday, Oct 22|
|October 16-31||Monday, Nov 2||Friday, Nov 6|
|November 1-15||Monday, Nov 16||Friday, Nov 20|
|November 16-30||Tuesday, Dec 1||Monday, Dec 7|
|December 1-15||Wednesday, Dec 16 **DUE BY 1PM**||Monday, Dec 21|
|December 16-31||Monday, Jan 4||Friday, Jan 8|
|January 1-15||Tuesday, Jan 19 **DUE BY 1PM**||Friday, Jan 22|
|January 16-31||Monday, Feb 1||Friday, Feb 5|
|February 1-15||Tuesday, Feb 16||Monday, Feb 22|
|February 16-28||Tuesday, Mar 1||Monday, Mar 7|
|March 1-15||Wednesday, Mar 16||Tuesday, Mar 22|
|March 16-31||Friday, Apr 1||Thursday, Apr 7|
|April 1-15||Monday, Apr 18||Friday, Apr 22|
|April 16-30||Monday, May 2||Friday, May 6|
|May 1-15||Monday, May 16||Friday, May 20|
|May 16-31||Wednesday, Jun 1||Tuesday, Jun 7|
|June 1-15||Thursday, Jun 16||Wednesday, Jun 22|
|June 16-30||Friday, Jul 1||Friday, Jul 8|
|July 1-15||Monday, Jul 18||Friday, Jul 22|
|July 16-31||Monday, Aug 1||Friday, Aug 5|
|August 1-15||Tuesday, Aug 16||Monday, Aug 22|
|August 16-31||Thursday, Sep 1 **DUE BY 1PM**||Wednesday, Sep 7|
|Month/Pay Period Dates||Timesheet Due Date||Check Release Date (Payday)|
|September 1-15||Friday, Sept 16||Thurssday, Sept 22|
|September 16-30||Monday, Oct 3||Friday, Oct 7|
**Only on these dates** Your timesheet MUST be submitted NO LATER THAN 1 P.M.
It is the objective of UTemps to place highly qualified individuals into temporary assignments. To assess work performance and suitability for future assignments, an evaluation form is sent to the departmental supervisor. This evaluation will be kept for reference to determine qualifications for future assignments.
UTemps are eligible for the following:
Staff “A” parking permit, jury duty, time off to vote, military leave (without pay), unemployment compensation insurance and overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours per week with prior approval (at time and one-half).
UTemps are not eligible for the university’s group insurance, promotion/transfer programs, holiday pay, and sick leave, paid vacation or other regular employee benefits.