There are a variety of actions you can take to improve your management skills and your organization. Use the following management tools.
- New Manager Assimilation – Transition smoothly into supervising a new team.
- Train—Get training to help you become the best manager you can be.
- Develop—Learn how to develop your organization and make it as efficient and effective as possible.
- Mentoring – Enter a partnership to build competencies.
- Comply—Make sure your organization aligns with institutional compliance standards.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Threats—Learn how to identify workplace threats.
- Assessing Fitness for Duty—Find out how to assess whether an employee might be too impaired to work safely and what steps to take.
- Helping a Troubled Employees—Discover resources available for troubled employees, and learn how to refer individuals to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Departmental Presentations & Workshops—Call the EAP, 512-471-3366, to ask about scheduling a presentation for managers or staff in your department.
- Create a Balanced Workplace—Get to know the different ways you can make employees' workplace experiences more balanced and flexible.
- Resolve Conflict —Resolve your workplace issues and learn about the grievance process.
- Separation Process—Learn how to complete the process of separation from the university.
- Overview of Reorganization and Layoff Process [Word document]