Campus Security Systems
ITS provides a variety of security solutions for buildings. Systems can be installed that limit access to areas or provide extra personal safety. Services include door access systems that require a proximity card to enter, panic/duress buttons, video security, property protection alarms, and intrusion protection systems.
- Building Access Control System (BACS) requires an authorized university photo ID proximity card (issued by the ID Center) to access secured areas
- Intrusion protection devices—such as motion sensors and door contacts—provide after-hours protection
- Property protection is available for computers, printers, and monitors using a fiber optic loop (FOL) or cat5 wire to create a secure link.
- Panic/Duress buttons send a silent alarm to UTPD and are available for areas where threats to personal safety may be possible
- Video security using closed circuit TV or DVR recording is available for security-sensitive areas (please use the REQUEST SERVICE button to order)
Cost will vary depending on the services needed. Please use the REQUEST SERVICE button to request an estimate.