Note: Group E-Mail for Faculty and Deans used to send messages to *Class, *Major, and *Waitlist lists is available at the old Group E-Mail system at: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/gs/oe/index.WBX.
Group E-Mail is used to send important, university-sanctioned messages to specific groups in the university community. For example, Payroll could send a message to employees explaining how to claim their W-2 form. The system is not intended for casual correspondence and should be used only when the email content impacts a significant percentage of recipients.
Group E-Mail for all other groups is available in the new Group E-Mail system, go to: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/group_email/gateway to access the new system.
- Authorization via UT Login.
- A search feature to find the groups/lists to send messages.
- All posted messages are moderated before emails are sent.
- Email templates.
- HTML formatted emails.
- Multiple attachments.
- “cc” (carbon copy) functionality.
- Capacity to send emails to large lists/groups.
- Capacity to send emails to multiple lists.
- Statistics for sent messages.
Group E-Mail is available at no cost to authorized users.