Receiving Authorization to Send a Group E-Mail Message
Note: Group E-Mail for Faculty and Deans used to send messages to *Class, *Major, and *Waitlist lists is available at the old Group E-Mail system at: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/gs/oe/index.WBX.
Prior to Requesting Authorization to send messages in Group E-Mail:
- From the Group E-Mail Gateway page, find the Group you’d like to send an email to.
- Groups may have more than one message type, so you need to request authorization to the proper list type. The types are:
- Informational – Any communication that increases the awareness of cost-free campus activities, events, or services, including volunteer activities. Examples of topics acceptable for Informational messages include parking disruptions, game day schedules, Mooove-In, Orange Santa, free holiday music, passport services, etc.
- Promotional – Any communication that announces an opportunity to attend a ticketed event or visit a retail outlet, such as an athletic competition, museum store, or theatrical entertainment. The announcement must be relevant to current employees by offering a discount or other unique opportunity.
- Official - A communication that is a required notification or requires some action on the part of the recipient, or an important communication from an executive officer or designated representative. Examples would be a message from Payroll telling employees how to claim their W-2 forms, or a message from the President’s office announcing the President’s retirement.
- Group E-Mail list examples:
- ALL-STUDENTS-Informational – To send an Informational email to the ALL-STUDENTS group
- ALL-STUDENTS-Promotional – To send a Promotional email to the ALL-STUDENTS group
- ALL-STUDENTS-Official – To send an Official email to the ALL-STUDENTS group
- Contact one of the Administrators for the group and provide them with the following information:
- The name of the group you’d like to send a message to.
- The type of message (Informational, Promotional, Official) you’d like to send.
- Either a description of the message or a draft of the email you’d like to send.
- If the administrator of the group pre-approves your authorization:
- Go to the Group E-Mail Gateway page.
- Click Go to Group E-Mail.
- Find the Group.
- Click Request Authorization to Send Messages.
- Once the administrator has approved your request, you can send your email.
Last updated February 17, 2014 @ 2:43 pm