The University of Texas at Austin
As part of the Web Central Services Retirement project, the ITS website will be retired. Information about IT services will be replaced by two new sites, IT@UT and UT ServiceNow, and ITS departmental information will be migrated to a new location. All changes will be completed by 7/28/2016.

ID Center

I Don't Have Valid ID

In accordance with the University Identification Card Guidelines, you will need to present a valid form of identification in order to receive your UT ID card. Original documents are required — we cannot accept photocopies, printouts, or faxes.

Note: If it will take some time to obtain valid ID, be aware that a large portion of university business can be conducted without a UT ID card or without an upgraded UT EID.

If you absolutely need your ID card or an upgraded UT EID immediately, and you don't have any valid identification, we recommend two options for acquiring a valid ID:

  • Contact an individual to have them overnight your identification to you.

  • Contact your local Department of Public Safety (DPS) or Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). These offices are typically equipped to accept forms of identification which we cannot (for example: birth certificates, Social Security cards, and voter registration cards). For a full list of acceptable forms, please see the Texas Department of Public Safety website or contact your local DPS or DMV office.

Once you receive a valid form of identification, bring it to the ID Center to obtain your replacement UT ID card.

If you are unable to provide the ID Center with a valid form of identification we will not be able to provide you with an ID card or EID upgrade.

Last updated March 24, 2014 @ 3:30 pm

We Can Help

Get help from an expert:

* UT Service Desk

* Call us at 512-475-9400

* Submit a help request online

We also have a walk-in service in the first floor lobby of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC). Stop by and let us help you!