The University of Texas at Austin
As part of the Web Central Services Retirement project, the ITS website will be retired. Information about IT services will be replaced by two new sites, IT@UT and UT ServiceNow, and ITS departmental information will be migrated to a new location. All changes will be completed by 7/28/2016.

Microsoft Campus Agreement

Eligibility: Can I use the MSCA software after I graduate or otherwise leave the UT System?

Under the terms of the MSCA, students, faculty, and staff are granted the right to use covered products while they are enrolled or employed at the university.

When students graduate, their right-to-use license is automatically transferred to them as a permanent license. Installation media (CDs) must be acquired while still enrolled as a student, however. Students will not be permitted to purchase new or replacement copies of media after graduation. The permanent license allows you to use the software at the version available at the time of graduation, and includes no upgrade rights.

Because faculty and staff home use is tied to use at work, faculty and staff will not have rights to use the software after they terminate employment unless they were granted other rights as a student.

Last updated October 22, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

We Can Help

Get help from an expert:

* UT Service Desk

* Call us at 512-475-9400

* Submit a help request online

We also have a walk-in service in the first floor lobby of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC). Stop by and let us help you!