The University of Texas at Austin
As part of the Web Central Services Retirement project, the ITS website will be retired. Information about IT services will be replaced by two new sites, IT@UT and UT ServiceNow, and ITS departmental information will be migrated to a new location. All changes will be completed by 7/28/2016.

Microsoft Campus Agreement

Eligibility: Who may use MSCA software installed on university-owned machines?

Machines used by contractors

Products available under this program are for academic use and university business only. Third party contractors may use products licensed under the Microsoft Campus Agreement (MSCA) for university business provided the software is installed on computers that are owned and controlled by the university.

MSCA products may NOT be installed on computers that are owned or controlled by the contractor, and contractors do NOT have work-at-home use rights.

For example, if your department hired a contractor for a specific task and provided them with an office and a university-owned computer, the department could install the software and the contractor could use it. The contractor could NOT use the software on any other computers not owned by the university, such as a laptop that they or the contractor own.

Machines used for Continuing Education

Products licensed under the MSCA may be installed on computers owned and controlled by the university that will be utilized for Continuing Education and other certification courses. The course must be conducted by the university, and the instructor must be a university employee. The students attending these courses are only eligible to utilize the software while in the classroom and would not be eligible for additional licensing (home use).

If the university is leasing or otherwise loaning the machines to outside agencies to teach certification courses which are not conducted directly by the university, these machines would not be eligible for licensing under the MSCA.

Last updated March 27, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

We Can Help

Get help from an expert:

* UT Service Desk

* Call us at 512-475-9400

* Submit a help request online

We also have a walk-in service in the first floor lobby of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC). Stop by and let us help you!