The University of Texas at Austin

Telephone Service (Retirement in Progress)

Making Calls (Long Distance): Third-number-billed Calls

  • Dial "9" + "0"

  • Give the operator the number to which the call will be billed.

  • There are restrictions on third-number billed calls. If you need to make calls which are charged to your home phone, it may be more convenient to request a "Calling Card" from the telephone company. There is no charge for the card, and calling card calls are less expensive than third-number or collect calls. Calling Cards from Qwest Communications for official university business may be obtained through your department by contacting Telephone Services (1-5711).

  • You may not third-number bill any calls to a university telephone number.

Last updated December 14, 2012 @ 2:09 pm

We Can Help

Get help from an expert:

* UT Service Desk

* Call us at 512-475-9400

* Submit a help request online

We also have a walk-in service in the first floor lobby of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC). Stop by and let us help you!