Viewing Email Headers in UTmail
The full header of an email message displays information about the sender and the route the message takes before arriving in your inbox. When reporting spam, you should always send the full headers along with the message so the email administrator can determine where the spam originated.
To view an email header in UTmail:
- Log in to UTmail.
- Open the message you would like to view headers for.
- Next to the Reply button at the top right of the message, click the down arrow, and select Show Original.
- A plain text version of the message will open in a new window/tab.
- If you need to send the email header to someone, such as to an email administrator, go to the browser's Edit menu and click Select All.
- Go to the Edit menu again and choose Copy.
- Paste the copied text in to an email.
Last updated June 21, 2012 @ 3:32 pm