Installing the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for Mobile Devices
Installation and Configuration
Download the free Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client app:
- Users of iOS devices may download the app from the iTunes App Store.
- Users of Android devices may download the app from Google Play.
To configure a VPN connection:
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client app.
- You must tap OK to enable the software (iOS) or agree to Cisco’s terms and conditions (Android) to continue.
- Tap Add VPN Connection (iOS) or Add New VPN Connection (Android).
- Enter UT in the Description field.
- Enter vpn.utexas.edu in the Server Address field.
- Tap Save (iOS) or Done (Android).
Establishing a VPN connection
To establish a VPN connection:
- Slide the AnyConnect VPN switch to ON.
- When prompted, enter your UT EID and password.
- Tap Connect (iOS) or OK (Android).
- If the app asks for your permission, tap I trust this application, then OK.
- A successful connection is made if the app reports Connected or Connected to UT while the AnyConnect VPN switch is ON.
Closing a VPN connection
To close a VPN connection:
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client app.
- Slide the VPN switch to the OFF position.
- The Status field will show Disconnected.
Last updated March 7, 2013 @ 4:47 pm