Managing Wiki Space Permissions
To manage your wiki space’s permissions, navigate to the toolbar’s Browse menu, choose Space Admin, and select Permissions. In some wiki spaces, Permissions may be found by choosing Space Tools in the bottom-left corner of the window, at the bottom of the sidebar. If the sidebar is collapsed, the Space Tools menu will appear as a cog or gear icon.
NOTE: New users must log in to wikis.utexas.edu using their UT EIDs at least once before they will be available on the Permissions screen.
Classes of Space Permissions
- A Space Administrator can add all users who are able to log in to the University Wiki Service by adding the "confluence-users" group to the permissions for her wiki.
- Groups can be created and managed for use within individual wiki spaces; see Adding/Removing Groups and Adding/Removing Group Members for more information.
- Previous system-wide groups created and managed by the Wiki Administrators may still be updated; email email@example.com to request changes.
- A Space Administrator can add any user with a UT EID to the permissions for her wiki. Remember that new users must log in to wikis.utexas.edu using their UT EIDs at least once before they will be available on the Permissions screen.
- Space Administrators may not set anonymous write privileges on their wikis. Wiki Service administrators automatically check for and remove anonymous write privileges from wiki spaces; Space Administrators are not notified of the removal.
- Space Administrators may set anonymous read privileges on their wikis.
For information about the different permissions that can be assigned to users and groups, see Atlassian’s Space Permissions Overview support document.
A subset of space permissions called Page Restrictions can be configured on a page-by-page level. See Atlassian’s Page Restrictions support document for more information.
Last updated February 4, 2015 @ 1:01 pm