Long Distance Services (Legacy)
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ FIRST: ITS is in the process of converting the UT campus to a new telephone systems. The conversion will take place one building at a time through Spring 2015. If your building has been converted to the new telephone system please visit the Voice Services page for more information on long distance calling. For updates on the current status of your building, please visit the VoIP Project - Building Deployment Status wiki.
ITS provides several types of long distance service, including international calling, for calls that originate from both on and off campus.
- A six-digit authorization code can be used ON CAMPUS for placing domestic and international calls
- A nine-digit authorization code can be used for placing domestic calls from OFF CAMPUS phones
- A calling card can also be used to place domestic and international calls from OFF CAMPUS
- Toll-free numbers are available for departments, colleges, and organizations
- University faculty, staff and students who use University long distance authorization codes can review their individual long distance call records electronically
Prices vary depending on long distance calling options. Refer to the long distance rates for more information.