Managed Server Support
ITS Managed Server Support (MSS) provides colleges, schools and units with customer-focused information technology resources and support. We have friendly, knowledgeable staff that understand the University technical environment and work with you to meet your business needs.
MSS offers standards-based professionally managed Linux and Windows systems administration for Customer owned servers, either physical or virtual. Support services may include server hardening, planning, installation, configuration, security patches and updates, troubleshooting, monitoring, documentation, assistance with implementing a data backup strategy that meets the business requirements for the Customer and also for third party application installation and configuration.
Under normal circumstances, MSS staff is available between 8 am - 5 pm Monday through Friday, excluding all holidays and university closures.
- Predictable, cost-contained approach to physical and virtual server management.
- Delivering expert operating system technical support, problem resolution and patch management.
- Consistent implementation of mandated UT security policies.
- Providing system performance, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Implementing a data backup strategy that meets the business requirements for the customer.
- Providing basic application deployment and basic database administration.
- Coordinating with other ITS Departments and 3rd party vendors as needed.
See the pricing page for details.