Checklist for Graduating Students
If you are graduating, use this checklist to manage your Information Technology Services accounts.
Before you leave the university, you need to take action on a number of IT-related accounts.
- Unsubscribe from your computer account services, such as ITS Printing Services, Resnet or Austin Exchange. Click View/Modify on the ITS Computer Account Services page to cancel your accounts.
- Pay any uncollected fees on the “What I Owe” page. Until you pay any outstanding balance you won't be able to receive your diploma or obtain copies of your official transcript.
- Retrieve your files stored on WebSpace. Your WebSpace account expires on the 12th class day of the semester following your graduation.
These IT items stay with you after you leave the university.
- Keep your UTmail account for life! If you haven't already signed up for UTmail powered by Google be sure to do so before you leave campus. Having an @utexas.edu email address not only lets you show your Longhorn pride, it can come in handy as your professional email address when you are applying for jobs.
- Stay connected to the university. Your UT EID and password remain active after you graduate. You need your EID to order copies of your transcript, apply for a job at the university or update your contact information with the registrar's office.
- Own Microsoft software you are currently leasing. Microsoft software obtained through the Microsoft Campus Agreement converts to a perpetual license when you graduate. Prior to leaving the university you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to obtain a Student License Confirmation which proves you own the software.
There are a number of IT-related services you won't be able to use after you graduate.
- Your university ID Card - You can no longer use your ID card for campus or city services, such as the library or city buses.
- BevoWare - It's a good idea to make new arrangements to be sure your computer and files are safe will anti-virus and Internet security solution, since you will no longer be able to use the licenses in BevoWare once you leave the university.
- Campus Computer Store discounts - You will no longer qualify for student discounts at the Campus Computer Store after you graduate, but can still purchase software for up to six months after you graduate.
- Other services that are deactivated when you graduate - Blackboard service, student computer labs, the university's Public Network Access (PNA) Internet bandwidth.
- Bevo Bucks
- Campus Computer Store
- Computer Labs
- ID Center
- Public Network Access
- Software Distribution & Sales