The ITS Systems Database team offers standards-based, professionally managed Oracle database systems including hardware, software, and system administration for University of Texas customers. This service provides three database environments to support the full application development life cycle. The included environments are Development, Quality Assurance (QA), and Production. This service includes database/system administration, database backups and recovery, and monitoring.
- Up to 10 GB storage space included. Additional storage available for a fee.
- Daily backups with a 4 week retention.
- High Availability
- Disaster Recovery
- Ability to store Confidential Data
- Access to the ITS Systems Database team for advice and troubleshooting
- Access to commercial Oracle support via the ITS Systems Oracle team
- Fully Managed shared service
- Dedicated Fully managed database instances are available for a fee
In the Fully Managed shared central Oracle ITS infrastructure, ITS owns, manages, and supports the hardware and software resources in support of the centrally funded shared Oracle environment.
If you have a requirement to store Confidential Data or HIPAA data, there may be additional reviews imposed by the Information Security Office and University Compliance Services to make sure that all appropriate controls are in place.
ITS provides the Oracle shared database infrastructure with University staff and faculty as a centrally funded service. Dedicated databases and / or additional storage, as well as selected special circumstances, may incur additional costs. Please contact email@example.com for more information. The Fully Managed version can be ordered through the Request Oracle Database Services form.