All University of Texas System institutions must contact Software Distribution & Sales at 512-475-9221 for assistance in obtaining a Splunk license.
- An extensive indexing capability.
- Use on an unlimited number of systems on your campus.
- Use in a high-availability architecture at no added cost.
- An unlimited number of online user, admin, and developer training classes that are hosted by Splunk each month at no added cost.
License fees grant you the Right To Use (RTU) the software for the current fiscal year which runs from September 1 through August 31 of the following calendar year. License fees are not pro-rated and must be renewed annually.
University of Texas at Austin Faculty, Staff, and Departments
Cost: No Cost
Other University of Texas System Campuses
Initial License Cost:
- For campuses with > 20000 affiliates = $10,000
- For campuses with < 20000 affiliates = $7,500
Annual License Renewals:
- For campuses with > 20000 affiliates = $2,000
- For campuses with < 20000 affiliates = $1,500
NOTE: the term affiliates is defined as the total count of all students, faculty, and staff at the respective campus.
- UT Austin is required to serve as the point of contact for all support issues for all participating campuses.
- Each participating campus will need to designate a single point of contact for licensing and support issues.
- The following services may be available from Splunk for an added fee:
- Custom deployment services
- In-person group training opportunities
- Direct premium product support