Current ITS Projects
- 10/7/2014 - ITS Networking is upgrading roughly half of the wireless network access points located across campus to both greatly improve wireless network service as well as life cycle units approaching the end of their service. This effort began in the residence halls at the beginning of summer 2014 and will continue across the rest of campus throughout fall 2014 and spring 2015.
- 6/17/2015 - Requirements have been updated and approved by the CSC. Design phase began 6/10/15 and will continue through the summer.
- 8/5/2015 - The Managed Drupal Hosting Assessment (MDHA) and the Managed Drupal Implementation (MDIP) projects have been closed without completion, and have been replaced by the Managed and Hosted CMS Services (MHCS) project that includes requirements gathering for the cloud hosting platform, solution selection and procurement, and service design and implementation.
Currently, the MHCS project is in the Plan phase and the Project Charter and requirements are being documented. A kick-off meeting with the CSC is scheduled for mid-August, and the Plan phase will be completed by September 2015.
- 5/7/2015 - The UI/Backend Upgrade project is an enhancement of the Regroup-based Group E-Mail solution rolled out in 2014, providing better support for new lists, improved and more consistent administrative roles, more departmental control, and better tracking of changes. This project will also position Group E-Mail to remove its reliance on the mainframe. We have completed the Requirements phase and are nearing the end of the Design phase.
- 7/13/2015 - The statement of work was finalized and sent to Vendors. Responses are due August 7th.
- 7/13/2015 - Requirements have been finalized and approved by the CSC. Solution analysis is underway.
- 9/8/2014 - The project is close to completing the Build phase. We are working with the vendor and the Identity and Access Management team to implement authorization and authentication for secure messaging. We expect to complete this task in September, at which point we will begin testing the solution end-to-end. Deployment is scheduled for October, 2014.
- 7/24/2015 - All site migrations of SharePoint 2007 to Sharepoint 2013 have been completed. Thank all who participated in assisting ITS in our efforts to do so. ITS will now begin the process of decommissioning the SP07 service. As a result, all sites in the SP07 environment are currently in read-in only mode but will remain accessible through August 31, 2015.
If you had a site on SharePoint 2007 and you feel it necessary, please take this time to review your SP07 content and notify the ITS Help Desk as soon as possible if anything has not been migrated. On August 31, 2015, you will no longer have access to your sites on SP07.
SharePoint 2007 will be retired on August 31, 2015.
The project will continue through the fall semester 2015 with SharePoint 2010 migrations.For current SharePoint 2010 site owners, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin planning your migration.
- 1/9/2015 - Deployments for Wave 3 buildings are in process and Wave 4 surveys are underway. Over 13,300 phone lines have been converted or suspended so far. For additional information on the project and the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.
- 8/12/2015 - The Web Central Service Retirement (WCSR) project is in the Design phase, where all files that are currently on Web Central have been identified. ITS will communicate with each department by the end of August; departments will respond with their archival or migration plans and dates, with which ITS will create the overall migration timeline of the project. The Design phase will be completed by October. Also, an archive of obsolete files has been completed, and more files will be archived as the project progresses.