Current ITS Projects
- 3/4/2015 - ITS granted temporary Austin Active Directory (AAD) entitlements to Unaffiliated (Guest) EIDs used for Austin Exchange and Austin Disk services. The temporary entitlements expire on Wednesday, May 20, 2015.
If these accounts need to remain active for a longer period, each EID will need the AAD Entitlement updated by someone from your organization or changes to the affiliation via Human Resources or student records.
More information can be found on the project wiki. Please contact your Technical Support Coordinator (TSC) or local help desk technician for information and assistance with setting the AAD Entitlement. Additionally, you may contact the ITS Help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2/27/2015 - On February 13, 2015, AIC approved the Office 365 2015 Project Migration charter. With this endorsement, Phase 2 planning for migrations to Office365 is underway including reengaging with professional services partners that assisted in the Office 365 get-well activities. The expectation is the Spring 2015 large-scale migrations will be completed in April 2015. If you are a technical representative of a College, School, or Unit and are interested in learning more about migrating to Office 365 please contact the Office365 project manager Sabina Winters. Until April, ad-hoc migrations of mailboxes will still be considered on a case by case basis dependent upon business needs and may be requested via the Help and Service Desk.
- 10/7/2014 - ITS Networking is upgrading roughly half of the wireless network access points located across campus to both greatly improve wireless network service as well as life cycle units approaching the end of their service. This effort began in the residence halls at the beginning of summer 2014 and will continue across the rest of campus throughout fall 2014 and spring 2015.
- 1/16/2015 - The IAM Committee has approved the CARE project charter and project planning is underway.
- 10/3/2014 - With the Production release of UTLogin on September 16, 2014, the last transition step for the CASI project has been completed. All issues related to the release have been resolved.
- 1/29/2015 - The UT Drupal Kit, a new service and the main deliverable of the Drupal Foundation Project (DFP), was launched today. The service was deployed ahead of schedule, and the remaining activities for closing the project will be completed in early February 2015.
The Digital Experience Environment Project (DEEP) is wrapping up the Build phase this month and moving into testing. The Testing phase will be completed in February 2015.
The Managed Drupal Hosting Assessment (MDHA) project is in the Solution Analysis phase, and more specifically, in the process of evaluating the possible hosting vendors. The evaluation and final vendor recommendation will be completed in March 2015.
- 2/17/2014 - The new Group E-Mail system launched Monday, February 17, 2014. The Group E-Mail system is used when informational, promotional, and urgent messages sanctioned by the University need to be sent to specific groups across campus. The new system addresses a long-standing campus need for a new, more functional and feature rich solution; "Custom-Urgent" Group E-mail was previously deployed in spring 2013.
- 1/16/2015 - The IAM Committee has approved the IAM Modernization Program charter and planning for the projects within the program is underway.
- 1/6/2015 - The team has completed the selection process of the IAM software. Project planning has begun and future updates will be reported under the IAM Modernization Program and related projects.
- 9/8/2014 - The project is close to completing the Build phase. We are working with the vendor and the Identity and Access Management team to implement authorization and authentication for secure messaging. We expect to complete this task in September, at which point we will begin testing the solution end-to-end. Deployment is scheduled for October, 2014.
- 12/4/2014 - Migrations to SharePoint 2013 are currently underway and expected to continue through fall semester 2015. For current SharePoint 2007 and 2010 customers, please send email to email@example.com to begin planning your migration.
- 3/2/2015 - UT Web, the university's new shared web hosting platform, is in use by dozens of schools, colleges and units and recently surpassed 100 assigned sites. For additional information, including how to request service, please visit www.utexas.edu/its/utweb.
- 1/9/2015 - Deployments for Wave 3 buildings are in process and Wave 4 surveys are underway. Over 13,300 phone lines have been converted or suspended so far. For additional information on the project and the deployment status by building, please visit the VoIP Wiki page: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/itsnt/VoIP+Project.