Current ITS Projects
- 10/7/2014 - ITS Networking is upgrading roughly half of the wireless network access points located across campus to both greatly improve wireless network service as well as life cycle units approaching the end of their service. This effort began in the residence halls at the beginning of summer 2014 and will continue across the rest of campus throughout fall 2014 and spring 2015.
- 10/29/2015 - Due to resource constraints, the CARE project has been put on hold following the conclusion of the architecture assessment phase. The CSC has endorsed the summary presented by the CARE team. The project may be reinstated at a future date.
- 3/7/2016 - CSC kickoff has been completed, and requirements gathering is underway.
- 4/28/2016 - The cloud hosting vendor that was selected from the RFP process is Pantheon. The project team is currently working with the vendor to integrate a number of ITS technologies. The UT QuickSites (formerly Managed CMS) Early Adopters sites will be handed off in the beginning of May.
- 3/14/2016 - As of March 14, 2016, VPN is covered by Two-Factor Authentication (Duo). Access to the My Paycheck Profile, W-2 download, non-payroll bank routing information, and Emergency Loan applications will transition from Toopher to Duo starting in May 2016.
- 5/7/2015 - The UI/Backend Upgrade project is an enhancement of the Regroup-based Group E-Mail solution rolled out in 2014, providing better support for new lists, improved and more consistent administrative roles, more departmental control, and better tracking of changes. This project will also position Group E-Mail to remove its reliance on the mainframe. We have completed the Requirements phase and are nearing the end of the Design phase.
- 4/29/2016 - The IAMMP Phase 1 Project is underway. In the last month, the team baselined the Phase 1 project plan, established formal risk and issue management, created a change control process, developed Application Development and Configuration Standards, and built two prototype environments. The focus now is the Technical Architecture strategy and requirements while also finalizing requirements for the Interface and Data Transition Strategy.
- 4/29/2016 - Vendor proposal evaluations are complete. Orals have been scheduled in May.
- 1/27/2016 - The project continues through summer 2016 with SharePoint 2010 migrations. For current SharePoint 2010 site owners, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin planning your migration.
- As of October 2015 - The buildings noted on the VoIP Wiki page have been completed with the exception of the analog lines and call centers. Over 21,797 lines have been covered or suspended to date.
- 03/15/2016 - The WCSR project continues to contact each website owner for four check-in points to ensure that website migrations proceed as planned. All UTS website owners and all users with active @uts.cc.utexas edu and @www.utexas.edu email addresses have been reminded of the retirement of the UTS service and the necessary actions they need to take. For the detailed remaining steps for the Web Central Service Retirement please visit the WCSR Timeline.