Our Shibboleth Identity Provider is an open source authentication package based on the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) standard. A SAML Service Provider can be integrated with The University of Texas at Austin’s Identity Provider and allow end users to access a SAML protected resource using either their University of Texas at Austin EID without the need for a local account.
- Provides a single sign-on for both internal and external users.
- Integrated with the uTexas Enterprise Directory (TED) .
- Reduces development time for access controls.
- Reduces the need for end-users to maintain accounts with multiple organizations.
- Currently supporting Service Providers implementing the SAML 2.0 standard.
The University of Texas Identity Provider is available at no cost to UT students, faculty, and staff.