ITS Style Guide
Using the Style Guide
To provide consistency in ITS publications, we have adopted the Office of Public Affair's Writer's Style Guide, which covers correct writing style, word usage, capitalization, punctuation, and other issues that arise daily in written communications.
Following the Style Guide
- Common writing tasks
- Dates, Numbers, Places
- Punctuation Primer
- Tricky words
- Writing procedural documentation
Note the following important exceptions to the OPA's style guide:
- Serial commas should be used in all technical publications
- Use "email" instead of "e-mail"
- Use "websites" instead of "Web sites"
- Use "daylight saving time" instead of "daylight-saving time"