Virtual Private Network
On March 14th, 2016: the VPN service will be protected by Duo's two-factor authentication system. Please visit VPN with Two Factor Authentication for more information.
The VPN provides a secure connection to campus from any computer that has an Internet connection. Students, faculty and staff can use the VPN to check email, access a personal directory on a departmental server, access network shares, print to campus printers, and more.
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client client for Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu and Mobile Device users.
- Enables connections to your desktop Exchange client to read email stored on a campus Exchange email server.
- Connect to a mapped drive, personal folder, departmental services on the network, and print from off-campus.
- Protect transmissions between your home computer and the UT network from being intercepted and read by someone on the Internet.
- VPN Private groups allows department network TSCs to grant off-campus access to members of their private groups using TSC utilities.
- Accessing the campus network from home instead of driving in can save between 0.6 and 1 pound of carbon emissions for each mile you would have traveled.
The VPN solution is available at no cost to UT students, faculty, staff, and official visitors.