The primary focus of the Young Alumni Program is investment and service. The Law School and the Alumni Association are committed to investing in and providing service to all alumni, from the time they enter Law School throughout their lives. By doing so, The Law School builds mutually-supporting and lasting relationships. The payoff is successful and happy graduates who will help advance the excellence of UT Law for the next generations. We define young alumni as graduates from the year of graduation until the 10th calendar year out; however, we also provide services to students from the first day at the Law School.
For students, we offer or plan to offer the following:
- A mentor system for law students with our Young Alumni as the mentors.
- Introduction of the Alumni Association to first-year law students by sponsoring the Orientation “Welcome to Texas Fajitafest” and giving out gifts at the Resource Fair.
- A reception for first-year law students with Young Alumni from Austin as the hosts.
- A “Halfway Through” party in January for all 2Ls.
- “Gunlap” events for 3Ls during their final semester in school. Once a month, we will offer a special treat for 3Ls, i.e. Amy’s ice cream, a fajita lunch, etc.
- A graduation party in May for all graduates.
- Special treats during finals each semester.
For recent graduates, we offer or plan to offer the following:
- Regional YA groups across the country, beginning with LA, NYC, DC, Dallas, Houston and Austin.
- Either breakfast or lunch and a one-hour CLE course free of charge.
- Social happy hours free of charge featuring popular faculty members.
- Other programs presented by faculty or alumni geared to the interest of recent graduates, such as networking, work/life balance, etc.
- A Young Alumni section in the Law School’s monthly e-newsletter and on the Law School’s Alumni website.
- Access to regional websites featuring contact information for all area UT Law alumni.
- Invitations and communications through email rather than “snail” mail.
We are committed to keeping our recent graduates connected to the Law School and its Alumni Association. Please contact Angela Krause at email@example.com with questions and comments.
Assistant Director, Young Alumni and Reunion