This biennial conference features members of the Court of Criminal Appeals and judges from the intermediate courts around Texas joining prosecutors and defense attorneys for discussions on current issues facing the criminal system.
Program highlights include:
• Significant Decisions of the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, United States Supreme Court Update, plus Court of Appeals and CCA Judicial Panels
• Appellate Tips from the Experts including a follow-on moderated question and answer session
• Daubert: The Scientific Method and Expert Testimony in Criminal Cases, and Innocence as a Gateway to Post-Conviction Writs
• Practical tips and tricks from the experts on eFiling, creating appellate briefs, pattern jury charges, differences in juvenile appeal cases, pre-trial appeals, writs, trial objections and preservation of error, rehearings, and PDRs
• Earn up to 2 hours of ethics
Register at www.utcle.org/conferences/details/conference_annual_id/1079
UT Law Student Registration Information for UT Law CLE Conferences:
UT Law CLE welcomes UT Law students to attend our live conferences. Student registration is limited and may not be available for all conferences. There are (2) options available for students to attend:
• UT Law Student Registration ($75) – can attend all sessions, includes course materials on a USB key and meals
• UT Law Student Attendee (FREE) – can attend all sessions, excludes course materials and meals
Students MUST contact UT Law CLE to either register ($75) or attend at no charge–contact Justin Schaumburg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.475.6700.
Full event information: https://www.utexas.edu/law/calendar/2013/05/08/16622/