Now in its 26th year, UT Law's Technology Law Conference brings together a nationally-recognized faculty of leading technology, licensing and M&A counsel along with experts in copyright, trademark, open source, public-private technology collaborations, and data privacy and security for two days of sophisticated and practical presentations and discussions. The program also draws a prominent audience and sponsorship from leading technology companies as well as their legal, financial and data security advisors.
2013 Program highlights include:
- Privacy from the Outside In—an overview of the FTC's privacy principles and enforcement activities, as presented by the Commission's Chief Privacy Officer, offers suggestions and best practices for incorporating privacy requirements into business operations
- Antitrust Enforcement in the Licensing and Technology Arenas—with tremendous activity in anti-trust enforcement in the technology sector this year, this session helps business executives and licensing counsel understand the evolving changes in antitrust regulation and emerging case law in patent licensing
- Better than Plastic-The Evolving Mobile Payments Ecosystem—with mobile payments expected to exceed $214 billion in the U.S. by 2015, the way we transact business is changing, both on and offline. Learn about the mobile payment solutions currently taking shape in the marketplace, along with the related legal and regulatory issues
- Patents for General Technology Lawyers-Implications of the America Invents Act—a look at the America Invents Act from the perspective of a technology lawyer, with a focus on the implications of the First-to-File régime and the impact of the new post-grant procedures for invalidating patents
- Town Meets Gown: Developing Successful Technology Collaborations with Universities—learn best practices as expert panelists discuss the unique aspects of working with universities and university faculty on technology collaborations, including sponsored research, technology licensing, and consulting and other direct engagement with faculty members
Register at www.utcle.org/conferences/details/conference_annual_id/1063
UT Law Student Registration Information for UT Law CLE Conferences:
UT Law CLE welcomes UT Law students to attend our live conferences. Student registration is limited and may not be available for all conferences. There are (2) options available for students to attend:
• UT Law Student Registration ($75) – can attend all sessions, includes course materials on a USB key and meals
• UT Law Student Attendee (FREE) – can attend all sessions, excludes course materials and meals
Students MUST contact UT Law CLE to either register ($75) or attend at no charge–contact Justin Schaumburg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.475.6700.
Full event information: https://www.utexas.edu/law/calendar/2013/05/23/16627/