Suggested Pre-Law Resources
Please note that these are just a few of the many resources available to prospective law students.
- American Bar Association - With more than 400,000 members, the ABA provides law school accreditation, continuing legal education, information about the law, programs to assist lawyers and judges in their work, and initiatives to improve the legal system for the public.
- NALP, the Association for Legal Career Professionals, is dedicated to facilitating legal career counseling and planning, recruitment and retention, and the professional development of law students and lawyers. NALP’s membership includes virtually every ABA-approved law school in the U.S., Canadian law schools, and hundreds of legal employers from both the public and private sectors.
- The University of Texas at Austin | Pre-Law Resources and Student Organizations
- The Official Guide to Legal Specialties by Lisa L. Abrams and National Association for Law Placement (2000)
- Careers in Law by Gary Munneke (2003)
- Opportunities in Law Careers by Gary Munneke (2001)
- What Can You Do With a Law Degree?: A Lawyer's Guide to Career Alternatives Inside, Outside & Around the Law by Deborah Arron (2003)